Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2012 12:00

Dell Dimeson 9150 won't start after hibernation

Hi,

After I put my computer in hibernation mode (using Windows XP) it has become impossible even to boot. I normally put the computer in standby mode and that has always worked fine. When i tried to wake the computer after hibernation mode the power light was blinking yellow (amber?). i pulled the power cord and the computer continued to blink for a few seconds. i put the power on again and the only thing that happened was the power light started blinking again. i reinstalled the RAM, pulled the cords to the HD and changed the CMOS jumper to reset BIOS. This only resulted in the yellow light now blinking faster. Anybody can help me out here? My computer is totally un-usable now.

Thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2012 16:00

Hi Lvia,

This normally means a failed power supply. You can use most standard ATX power supplies with either a 24-pin or 20+4-pin P-1 main motherboard power connector and with a minimum of 2-SATA power connectors. A power supply with or without the on/off switch can be used. Corsair and Antec are recommended brands.

The replacement procedure is here.

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 12:00

Thank you for your suggestions. The power supply was working just fine before i used the Windows feature "hibernation". Negatively surprised a common Windows feature like that can cause such serious damage to the hardware. Anyways, Im not well versed in hardware, so changing the power supply seems a bit of an endeavour  to me.

But maybe its simpler than it looks.

Once again thank you for your help.

No Events found!