Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2010 14:00

Dell Doesn't Support My Modem

When I search for drivers using my service tag number there are none for my BCM modem. Why, it's the original one?

Ed P

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 12th, 2010 16:00

What model PC? and what operating system? 

Have you tried searching the Dell downloads using your PC model number instead of Service tag?

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

February 12th, 2010 18:00

Do you perhaps mean your Broadcom network adaptor (on-board ethernet adaptor)?

Ron

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 13th, 2010 08:00

When I search for drivers using my service tag number there are none for my BCM modem. Why, it's the original one?

Ed P

did you not get a chance to visit the link I gave to your other post before it was taken down?

http://www.modemsite.com/56k/bcm.asp

31 Posts

February 13th, 2010 08:00

What model PC?                         Dimension 2400

What operating system?            Windows XP HE

Have you tried searching using your PC model number?     Yes.

Do you perhaps mean your Broadcom network adaptor (on-board ethernet adaptor)?  No. As stated, my BCM modem, as  supplied from Dell.

Ed P

31 Posts

February 13th, 2010 09:00

No I did not see it. Thanks for reposting. That link explains the situation and provides the drivers. I had already looked around at the BCM site and found nothing. I also had a online chat with a Dell rep who just gave me the run around and then hung up on me. It really annoys me they are selling modems that they don't properly support.

Ed P

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

February 13th, 2010 12:00

I presume the drivers at that link will work, but I'll ask Dell support why the drivers for your modem aren't listed.

Ron 

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

February 13th, 2010 18:00

Drivers for both Broadcom data/fax and data/fax/voice modems are listed on the drivers page for the Dimension 2350  (with thanks to mombodog for the tip).

Ron

31 Posts

February 14th, 2010 06:00

Your link takes me to the downloads for the dimension 2350 but the only modem driver I see on that page is for the Conexant/Asus modem.

Ed P

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

February 14th, 2010 17:00

Ed,

There seems to be a bug on the page linked in my previous post. Sometimes when the page loads, Operating System is set to BIOS (that makes no sense). Change Operating System to Windows XP using the drop-down list and voila! the BCM drivers will magically appear under Communications

Ron

No Events found!