Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2016 21:00

Dell Inspirion 20 3043 Issue

My computer gets to the dell screen and acts like it wants to load, but then goes black and just blinks. Ive tried repairing and restoring, and it acts like it is going to load, and then nothing. Im not not able to get into safe mode nor do i have any other boot options in the bios to boot the computer differently. What can I do?

November 18th, 2016 21:00

Hi Mjones1082

Thanks for writing to us.

When did the issue start? Was there any hardware or software change recently?

Please run diagnostics from f12 menu (tap on f12 during boot up and select diagnostics). Let us know how the test goes.

Also please go to BIOS by tapping on f2 during startup and check if the HD is detected.

Do provide us the system tag# and also confirm the name the system is registered under. Let us

know the contact number and email address.

Regards

2 Posts

November 19th, 2016 14:00

I have had this issue for a few weeks. I have already run the hardware diagnostic and it passed. I have also had Geek Squad look at it and they said the same. They said it seemed to be a software issue. I have not made any recent changes to the software. I have also been in the Bios as I tried to reload the OS but there are no legacy options available and I need to boot from USB.  [Admin NOTE: Service tag removed per TOU policy] The system is under [Admin Note: Personal Information Removed]

November 19th, 2016 23:00

Hi Nice to hear from you. The legacy boot option will appear once the BIOS Is updated, but unfortunately as the machine is not booting so there is no way of doing it. Could you please re-seat the Hard drive and check if it makes any difference. If still the same, is it possible for you to connect the hard drive in any other machine and format (only if feasible) .

Please private message me your details by clicking on my name in blue and select send a private message to continue the conversation further

November 21st, 2016 01:00

You have already tired lot many things. If your data is not very important then go for formatting your hard drive and then check whether things seem fine or not. There also exists a case when you are worried about data. Well my friend in this case send your hard drive to recovery professionals. They will better guide you the stages of recovery. Good luck.

No Events found!