Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2014 12:00

Dell Inspiron 23 All-in-one - various problems

I have various problems with my new Inspiron 23 All-in-one, running Windows 8.1.

I include the issues in one post because they may be related:

- Windows doesn't see the usb3 connected hard drive; no error message in device manager in the USB category

- Device manager does give an error message for the bluetooth audio device; but it also says that the driver is up to date

- the pc makes a constant noise as if it is a running car engine which is annoying

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,

Willy

8 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 13:00

The Dell engineer was here today and he replaced the daughter board which hosts the faulty USB ports.

Now everything works fine.

I also think the noise level is better now.

So, in the end I am entirely happy with this magnificent new PC!

Thanks for your help,

Willy

8 Posts

Today the engineer was here and he replaced the faulty USB port. Now everything works fine!

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Willy

8 Posts

USB port replaced, problem solved!

Thanks, Willy

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 16th, 2014 12:00

Hi Willy,

On the missing hard drive, does the drive work in a USB 2.0 port?

What is the bluetooth error?

8 Posts

January 16th, 2014 13:00

The drive does indeed work via the 2.0 port. I'd prefer it to work via the 3.0 port, not so much because of speed but because I need all USB ports.

Also: if I connect a dvd drive to the 3.0 port, this drive works fine.

So the issue is specifically the combination of the harddrive and the port. Each of them work well on their own.

The bluetooth error is that in Device manager there is a yellow triangle before the Bluetooth Audio Device line. When I open it, it says that the device doesn't start (code 10). And "the objectpath part is not a mapping object" (this is my attempt to try and translate it to English...).

Note that all components are Dell, brand new and straight out of the box put together.

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards, Willy

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 16th, 2014 16:00

Willy,

Please try this link to a solution for the BT code 10 problem.

What is the model of the external drive?

8 Posts

January 17th, 2014 04:00

BT problem: I have (partly) followed the steps. Now Windows doesn't know anymore what kind of device this is, it appears under Other devices. In order to find the driver, I have to know the brand. How can I find out?

Hard drive: the standard Dell drive: PDA 1000B

Regards,

Willy

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 18th, 2014 04:00

8 Posts

January 18th, 2014 13:00

I have reinstalled all drivers. This solved the BT problem.

The hard drive is still not seen by one of the USB3 ports. All other ports do see it. I have contacted Dell support and their conclusion is that it needs repair. The engineer will come later this week.

Thanks so far for your help!

Regards, Willy

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 18th, 2014 14:00

Great. Well we made some progress. Good luck with the tech support visit!

No Events found!