Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 5th, 2016 07:00

Dell Inspiron 2320 Wireless Mouse & Keyboard Unresponsive

So today I've discovered the mouse and the keyboard no longer work with the All-in-One unit I have.  I replaced batteries and also hooked up a wired mouse and keyboard.  If I launch the Dell and hit F2 or F12 I can use the wireless keyboard, but once the system comes up to the main screen I cannot log in by using keystrokes or attempting the mouse.  Can someone please respond and tell me what I should do next.  I checked the forum, but found nothing and went to the support site and did not find anything as well.  I need to get the device up, but unsure where to go next.

Thanks in advance for any support or response to this post.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 5th, 2016 14:00

Are mouse and keyboard totally separate or do they share a single/shared USB connection?  Have you tried a different USB 2 port(s)?

Was this an upgrade from a prior version (what version) of Windows or a clean install of Win 10?

Try this for starters:

1. Power off and disconnect power cord from the PC, not just from the wall
  2. Disconnect all external devices including mouse and keyboard, including wireless dongle, if used
  3. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
  4. Reconnect only USB mouse and keyboard (try wireless, if that's preferred)
  5. Reconnect power cord to PC
  6. Reboot

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 5th, 2016 10:00

Do the wired mouse and keyboard work, even if the wireless don't work?

We need to know the version of Windows...

3 Posts

January 5th, 2016 11:00

Thanks for responding.  The wired mouse and keyboard do not work either.  Running Windows 10.  Was working fine yesterday and turned on the pc this morning and it no longer worked.

3 Posts

January 5th, 2016 17:00

Thank you so much!  This fixed my problem.  I appreciate the expedient response you provided me. You saved me hours of troubleshooting.  Hoping I can reciprocate in the future.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 5th, 2016 18:00

Are we fixed..?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 6th, 2016 10:00

Your final post wasn't visible until today, so ignore the last question I asked.

Glad that solved the problem.

Pass the !

No Events found!