Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2014 17:00

Dell Inspiron 2350 just out of the box - screen not working?

So I just received my brand new Inspiron 2350 about an hour and a half ago and so far all I have been able to do is turn the little white power light on. That's the only thing that works. I have called tech support and they have said they will be arranging a service technician to call me but I'm just really disappointed. The shipping time was fantastic and they delivered days before the estimated lead time which was actually quick anyway, but to be so excited then not be able to even get the screen to 'not-look-off'' is really annoying. Is there anything else i can do besides "turning it on and off" (tech support)?  

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 29th, 2014 17:00

Hi Lelrichardson,

Wow, that's really too bad. I hate to hear about stuff like this.

When you hit the power button, do you hear any sounds indicating the system is starting up? Have you tried connecting an external monitor, if there is a way to do that?

May 29th, 2014 18:00

Hi,

I took your advice and connected my desktop to my TV via a HDMI cable and the DELL logo comes up on the tv screen then disappears to black. Also, there is a slight whirring sound going on.  

10 Elder

• 

44.4K Posts

May 29th, 2014 18:00

There are 3 buttons on right side of screen as shown on page 71, here, whose function varies with how the system is set up. With no external input or output connected, they are:

1. Increase brightness
  2. Decrease brightness
  3. Turn display off

Is it possible you accidentally pressed the Off button? If you haven't already done it, try cycling button 3. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

May 29th, 2014 19:00

Okay, so now through my tv screen (desktop monitor still black) it says on a blue screen - 'It looks like Windows didn't load correctly' and gives me 2 options. Either 'See advanced options' or 'Restart my PC'. im nervous to restart as this is the first time something has happened and i would hate for it to go away! help!-

Oh, and the touch screen makes the mouse move on the tv.. so i guess that a good thing?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 31st, 2014 04:00

I would try restarting first.

Did you try increasing the brightness?

January 14th, 2015 08:00

OMG! I thought I was the only one! I think they are trying to get these things off the line too fast with out checking everything.

I purchase THREE computers from dell. The first one I set up, the power button didn't even get the light. The whole motherboard was gone. Sent it back, got a new one. Works great. The second one, two weeks after I had it set up, the touch screen aspect of it stopped working. I had to go into device manage and enable the touch screen. I has found through much research that this is because of a new update and will happen repeatedly over time for this model. I recommend learning how to do this. The third computer did exactly what yours is doing. Got the little light to come on and that's it. There are three buttons above it. One screen dimmer, make sure yours is set to 100%. One is a setting to change the screen from PC to HDMI (like if you were connecting it to a tv or something) and the third is screen off. Make sure your computer is set to PC. But if you do not hear anything coming on, then the whole motherboard is probably gone. Fight for a new one. DO NOT HAVE A TECH COME OUT. Techs are great but they are hardware people not software people. Also my aunt had them come play with her brand new dell and she said it never felt right and was not happy with it.

1 Message

May 5th, 2015 10:00

Oh NO!  I just recently purchased one of these to help get my business up and running.  I hope I don't end up with a lemon...  The deal ($999 for the i7 version) seemed too good to be true.  Maybe it was...  Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered.

May 5th, 2015 11:00

They are going to everyone who purchased a computer with windows 8 a free upgrade to 10 (because 9 failed). Hopefully this will solve many of our issues.

I do recommend finding a good tech (and not best buy or any other chain like that) to be able to help you when you hit problems. Most of the time you can google the issues and excellent feedback/solutions come up. Sometimes the problem with these solutions though is that they are not "dumbed down" enough for those who don't really know computers.

My dad deleted his whole print spooler system once lol it was awful and hilarious!

No Events found!