Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

2 Intern

• 

161 Posts

December 13th, 2017 11:00

Dell Inspiron 580s HDD Caddy

I just got a used  Inspiron 580s.  It did not have a HDD or an HDD Caddy that I can tell.  It does have one of those little Spring Loaded Caddy Releaser for the HDD and Optical Drive.  I cannot tell if it really needs a caddy or not, it's kinda hard to tell and don't have a spare HDD to check.  Maybe it just needs some special Screws to attach to the HDD so it will lock into the Tower Frame.  Here is the Link, and it is one Page 18.  It's also hard to tell here if it needs a caddy or not.  I know I could rig something up, but want to know how it is suppose to be also.  

PLEASE! with the CAPTCHA on this site, it is so difficult to post.  I have to go through like 5-6 times with that thing?

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-580s_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

Thanks, Max

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 13th, 2017 13:00

I just got a used  Inspiron 580s.  It did not have a HDD or an HDD Caddy that I can tell.  It does have one of those little Spring Loaded Caddy Releaser for the HDD and Optical Drive.  I cannot tell if it really needs a caddy or not, it's kinda hard to tell and don't have a spare HDD to check.  Maybe it just needs some special Screws to attach to the HDD so it will lock into the Tower Frame.  Here is the Link, and it is one Page 18.  It's also hard to tell here if it needs a caddy or not.  I know I could rig something up, but want to know how it is suppose to be also.  

PLEASE! with the CAPTCHA on this site, it is so difficult to post.  I have to go through like 5-6 times with that thing?

Thanks, Max

User1190

To install a hard drive in the Inspiron 580s, you need 4 x Dell Shoulder Screws, see page 18 of the manual.

These can be purchased off eBay, Here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-4-pcs-New-OEM-Dell-Shoulder-Screws-for-Desktop-Hard-Drive/152222927719?hash=item2371318b67:m:micN1NWesG4eHJLlQ0aE1JQ

Bev.

No Events found!