Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2011 03:00

Dell Inspiron One 2320 Screen Color Over Saturated

I've just received a new Dell Inspiron One 2320 (http://www.dell.com/my/p/inspiron-one-2320/pd), and found that the screen color is very much over saturated when compared to other Dell computers that I've (especially when it comes to primary colour like Red, Green & etc, the color is very much neon look). Those that suppose in normal red has become bright red / neon-red.

Solution tried:

1. Hardware adjustment / testing:
  1. There's only brightness adjustment button on the computer body (above volume), I can't find other monitor buttons, i.e.: Contrast, Color, Saturation, Hue & etc.
  2. To test my graphic output, I've plug and extend my Inspiron 2320 to another monitor from the VGA out at the back, the color on the 2nd monitor is ok and normal, but the color on built-in still remain very much over saturated.
  3. To test my built in monitor (Inspiron 2320), I use the other computer to plug its VGA out to my Inspiron 2320 VGA in, and found that the screen color on the Inspiron 2320 is normal and not over saturated (means there're no defect of colors projection for my Inspiron 2320 built-in monitor).
  • Software adjustment:-
  1. I've tried using the Intel HD Graphic driver software to adjust the saturation (under Intel HD Graphics software > colour management), but I can only 1. Brightness, 2.Contrast & 3. Gamma' for Red/Green/Blue, no matter how hard I tried, I still unable to get the normal colour.
  2. I've plug and extend my Inspiron 2320 to another monitor, from the 'Intel HD Graphic' software, I can see and adjust 'Hue' & 'Saturation' (where I can find where I select 'Digital Television AIO' (my Inspiron 2320 monitor). I can easy control and adjust the 2nd monitor Hue/Saturation but not my Inspiron 2320 monitor.
Are there hardware / software approach to adjust my Inspiron One 2320 monitor saturation? Please help, I'm really dissapointed with Dell products, as this is not the first time I'm facing 'weird' problem with Dell products. Please help me ASAP. Thank you.

12 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 06:00

Not heavilly into graphics but have had many other issues, freezing, working in one area only to have something else jump in, issues with outlook, dreaded blue or black screen, touch screen doesn't work, unseen programs working in the background making the fan work overtime, computer would not close down, links not responding or not opening at all, browser would not open (tried several different), stage freezes, This is a new computer received in November 2011, problems started December 2, I ignored them at first thought, new computer, possible learning curve, have used Dells since 2003. Have had no resolve from Dell asked for refund, they are fighting me. I am packing and shipping back. Called my CC folks who have put the charge in dispute, already paid for it, In the meantime I am using my standby ACER netbook which I have on the same network with no problems while I make up my mind what computer  I should buy.

February 23rd, 2012 08:00

MY CONCLUSION:

THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT DELL HAS EVER MADE.

I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY REFUND YET! It's been 60days already

So anyway I ended up buying the HP Touchsmart Screen.
I bought the NON TV card version ...
Let's face it who has time to watch TV on a 23' Inch computer when one has a 65 Inch Flat screen.
I just cant watch any movie or TV program on a screen smaller than 42inch ... it just puts me off...
I like the whole huge screen HD experience when it comes to movies and TV.

The HP Touch Screen is 120% perfect and comes with Dr. Dre beats audio...
same one in the new Chrsyler 300S.

The Touch screen swipe effect is SPOT ON
COLOR SATURATION - ZERO ISSUES

And it has the HP canvas that gives you an extended desktop.
This means that you can open so many windows on the desktop and arrange them horizontal and
swipe the touch screen across to work one window whilst the rest are still opened and hidden.

It also comes with SPECIALLY MADE extended wallpaper from animated characters in 
Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Megamind and many cool landscapes
that has super imposed images which move against the wallpaper itself and gves it this awesome 3D-2D effect
as you swipe the screen across. Just like how the PLAYBOOK Tablet works.

• Perfect for high volume office or design work. I am a web and graphic designer.
  • Graphics are awesome for games
  • 23" Screen that is adjustable up to 125 degrees bending backwards. Allows me to stand and work.
  • MEMORY @ 6GB of RAM, Processor Speed from 2.10 GHz - 4.5 GHz, 64 Bit Operating System
  • with a 1 TB HD i.e. 1024GB. Awesome.

• I got it ON Sale at $950 ... 
  • Original price is $1440. 
  • However HP also sells it on-line On SALE periodically for $750 - $850 
  • It ships in just 2 - 7 Business days 

Dell failed on this one. They just cant afford to recall ... just like Apple messed up with 
screen pixilation on the iMac 17 in 2006 and they maintained it was the users fault and not theirs.

February 23rd, 2012 08:00

However, I still think that the RECENT best practical product Dell has produced is the DELL STREAK  ...
It works as BOTH a PHONE and a TABLET running on the awesome Android OS, previews flash, 16GB extended memory
and 1.24GB in-built space>

It is almost as light as the iPhone 4S that you cant tell the difference.
Yet as a much bigger screen and gives it the TABLET than the tiney screen on the iPhone 4S.

I choose the Dell Streak over the iPhone 4S. I have butter fingers and dont have enouch space in my bag.

I cant carry a tablet and a phone at the same time ... The DELL STREAK ... accomplishes both and is super light.

No Events found!