Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2015 17:00

Dell Inspiron Windows 10

Hello,

So I'm having a lot of issues with my laptop to which it was upgraded to Windows 10. Starting on Friday, my laptop would continuously freeze (Cortana and windows are not responding). So I did system restore which worked but it was going beyond slow. 

I tried resetting my laptop but it kept giving me there was an error and couldn't restore to default.
I tried the boot options which found no errors. 

Now it doesn't even load, I start the laptop and it gives the Dell Inspiron loading and then restarts.

Any advice will greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

14 Posts

Hello,

I had windows 7 but I'm not looking towards to go back.

The issue I am having is when I turn on the power, the logo appears Dell Inspiron, loading...blank screen....then dell inspiron, loading, all which happen continuously.

Any advice on how to fix that?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 14th, 2015 11:00

Exactly which Inspiron model do you have?

Is that model on Dell's list of systems tested for compatibility with Win 10? Not all Dell PCs have been tested.

Even if it's not on Dell's list of tested systems, that doesn't mean your model won't work with Win 10, but some untested models are having problems...

14 Posts

December 14th, 2015 17:00

I have a Dell Inspiron N7010. I've been using Windows 10 for some quite time and never had a problem. I upgraded it as soon as I could and it worked great.

Now, I don't know what exactly happened since the cortana + start menu aren't working.

Any advice?

Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 15th, 2015 10:00

The N7010 laptop has not been tested by Dell for compatibility with Win 10, so there could be some driver issues.

For now, back up your personal files on external media before doing anything else.

You can find suggestions to fix the Start menu here. And if you google around you'll find many different suggestions how to fix Cortana. 

BTW: Since this is a laptop, you should post future questions about this system in the Laptop forum.

14 Posts

December 15th, 2015 17:00

I apologize for that. Didn't know that it was on that section.

But I had windows 10 for several months and never had any problem.

For me it just starts off, loads the dell and restarts. Any ideas on that? Doesn't give me any option to log into the account.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 16th, 2015 11:00

Hope your personal files are backed up on external media.

Possible a recent Windows update caused this problem. A similar problem happened back in Aug after a forced Win 10 update.

Not sure how to fix this. There are lots of suggestions on the net to fix the August mess, but most require you to get to the desktop first. 

If you reboot and press F12 immediately, what options do you see?

14 Posts

December 17th, 2015 19:00

Hello,

It takes me to the diagnostic page in which I run the diagnostics which I've already done several times. but it gives no error and doesn't take me any where.

Is there a way where I could reinstall the system from there?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 18th, 2015 09:00

You will probably have to download the Win 10 Media Creation Tool from Microsoft, and create either a bootable DVD (assuming your laptop has an optical drive) or a bootable USB stick and reinstall that way.

You can create the bootable media on any system. Just follow the instructions to Perform a clean install using a USB or DVD.

Sure hope your personal files are backed up on external media because everything on the HDD will be lost.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 18th, 2015 12:00

There are no SOFT fixes for HARD Damage.

Your drive is dead.

No Events found!