Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2012 22:00

Dell Optilex GX270 series USB ports and sound not working

My dell Optiplex GX270 series usb ports are receiving current but is not detecting any kind of usb flash and the usb device of any kind. Also my sound is not working. i have uninstalled the drivers of usb ports from control panel and it automatically installed when i restrat the computer. what is the issue that i can do to make my usb ports and sound working again.

I have also installed the BIOS driver but it also neither worked.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2012 09:00

Hi fbvdh,

Do you see any problems indicated in control panel?

8 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 00:00

I went to control panel. There in device manager i didn't find any kind of problem with usb ports any any other device. so anyway i uninstall the usb drivers by right clicking on it and uninstall and restart my computer. The computer restarts and dell usb ports drivers installs automatically and are showing on control panel with no problem. That's all. The technicians are not so expert here when i went there anything that is damage they can't repair it mostly they recommend to purchase a new one. now they are saying that the big chip on motherboard may have problem so you should by a new motherboard. but electricity is coming in ports. Is there any kind of help which can resolve 100% of this issue?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 3rd, 2012 05:00

Your technicians said the "big chip on the motherboard" may have a problem? No, I would agree your technicians are not so expert.

Go to downloads and find the current chipset drivers for your system, download and install them. See if that improves things.

8 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 23:00

I need the drivers for these chipset can you gave me the ultimate link i tried to download from this site but can't succeeded

Northbridge            Intel i865P/PE/G/i848P rev. A2
Southbridge            Intel 82801EB (ICH5) rev. 02

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 4th, 2012 14:00

8 Posts

August 24th, 2012 01:00

i have installed chipset drivers and this have also not resolved the issue. i am trying to resolve this issue may be for more than 6 months but failed,

August 24th, 2012 05:00

GX270 Motherboard are known to have bad capacitors, which leaks after a while.

Have a look on your motherboard & see if you there is something brown like that:

www.windows-help-central.com/windows-xp-shutdown-automatically.html

The GX270 motherboard is also known to have no fuse at all to protect the usb ports. So the southbridge may be half working...But not the usb....

Just my two cents.

No Events found!