Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2016 13:00

Dell Optiplex 745 Bios keeps rebooting over and over.

I installed a new hard drive.  I was able to a fresh install of Windows 7.  After installation, I restarted the computer and the bios came up, I'll see the F2 and F12 option, And it will say "press any button to bood from CD or DVD, but after that it will just reboot to the beginning, over and over. 

I can boot to the install/ repair screen with the Win 7 disk and select "repair Windows" but if finds nothing wrong.  Bios reboot continues on restart.

I've used F2 to put settings back to default, and F12 to run diagnostics (and boot from Hard Drive).

I tried F8.  There is no "Safe Start" option.   I'm not sure if this is the "F8" page everyone is talking about. The options that come up are:

Windows 7/Vista/Server (pointer)

Windows 7/Vista/Server

Windows 7/Vista/Server (debug - Default Mode)

Windows 7/Vista/Server (debug - Legacy Mode)

Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC - Pointer)

Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC)

Windows NT/Vista/XP

Loader Help

I've tried them all and.... Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC - Pointer)... Will boot to windows (From the Hard Drive!) and it seems to run normally.  I've tried to restore while running Windows but since its a new installation, there are no restore points.

I've Unplugged the computer, held in the power button, pulled the batter for 30 minutes and restarted the computer to no avail. 

I have nothing else plugged in to the computer except the mouse and Keyboard (which I swapped out incase I had a bad mouse or keyboard)

Windows WILL run normally after I select  Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC - Pointer).  So the Windows program must be ok on my Hard Drive???  I can only assume something in the bios is corrupt????

Any Suggestions?????

5 Posts

I would like to add, that I previously had Windows 7 on this computer and upgraded to Windows 10.

I got what I think was a bad sector on the hard drive. While trying to correct the problem, it became worse.  I had nothing on the computer worth keeping, so I bought a new hard drive, and re-installed Windows 7.  After a successful installation, and the first "restart" it got hung up at the bios rebooting over and over.  Does the Windows 10 program alter the BIOS???

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

You are using WAREZ pirated windows.  This is not supported anywhere. SLIC is License.

5 Posts

Great.....I got suckered with a pirated copy of windows to boot!!!!  

5 Posts

August 14th, 2016 14:00

The original Windows had to of been legit because I upgraded to Windows 10 through Microsoft's website.  The "boot" disk that came with the computer is obviously a pirate copy.  I have contacted Microsoft to ask them what I have to do since the original Win7 was legit and the errors started after installing Win10.

Anyway....My question is, Can a bootleg copy of Windows cause the BIOS to reboot and not boot the Windows OS?  I've seen too many posts of other people with the same problem. (with no solution) I have a hard time understanding that it could have that effect.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 14th, 2016 15:00

There is no support for your windows.  There are no answers.  If you upgraded to 10 without hacking tools then you can download a windows 10 TH2  ISO and scorched earth reinstall and erase everything.

745's came with XP and VISTA.  They never came with windows 7.

So your SLIC copy is fake/warez/pirated.

This also means you do not have a windows 7 COA sticker.

No Events found!