Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2016 22:00

Dell PC Issue

Now since I'm really<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> off, I'm gonna keep this short. Ill answer in detail though if needed.

My PC is a Dell studio xps 8100. For the past couple of days, my PC has been through ***. I'll quickly copy and paste an issue I had on another article:

"I booted it up, and it stayed on the windows 8 symbol for 7-8 minutes. It then showed the 'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart', in which it shows for 1-2 seconds and goes to Automatic repair.

Nothing good comes from the outcome, and it shows 'Choose an option'. The options I get is Troubleshoot, or Turn off your PC.

Inside troubleshoot is:

Refresh your PC, Reset your PC, System restore, System image recovery, Start-up repair and command prompt.

I have tried EVERY option avaliable, and none came successful. Refresh your PC says 'The drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again', and Reset your PC says 'Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.'."

This issue did not get resolved, however I had gotten help from a Dell staff member for a temporary fix.

This is not the issue I have now, however. As many teenagers my age like to play games on their PC's, I bought and downloaded a few games from steam, all of them pretty large in data size. The problem soon raised that all my data was getting saved to this online data drive or some stupid ***. It could only hold 36gb.

Inside my PC, I have two data drives. Both withholding 2tb. Neither of my data was getting saved to neither of them.

When I boot my PC up, it always takes me through this configuration setup where I can delete and add RAID things with CTRL+I. I saw the 36gb online raid and since I wasn't thinking at the time, I decided to delete it. Yet I never knew that'd be the worst decision of my life. Once I booted the PC back up, it gave me a 0xc000000e error code.

Now if someone could tell me how to access the Win8 recovery disk thing and what it looks like (I have heaps of disks and product keys), then I'd be grateful. And if you don't mind, posting some info on how to do it and what to do.

Yeah, this wasn't really short, but I honestly don't care right now. I'm sure you know how and what it feels like when you have very limited storage space.

Thanks for your time, Tex.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 10th, 2016 15:00

:emotion-2:

If you need to reinstall Windows 8.1, please click on the link below:

www.microsoft.com/.../windows8

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 10th, 2016 16:00

:emotion-2:

Note; Dell doesn't list any drivers(windows 8.1 or 8) for your computer.Please click on the link below:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

No Events found!