Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2017 22:00

Dell Precision T3400 Tower Workstation - Yellow light is burning

Hello Everyone,

I have Dell Precision T3400 Tower Workstation. When I press the power button on the CPU, the yellow light inside the button keeps burning. And the processor feather keeps running too. But computer does not mean that the display is no more

Please Help,,,,,

Thank You

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

October 4th, 2017 09:00

Here are some suggestions on the issue at this link. Does it give you any other lights or just the solid yellow/amber power button?

Also, you can try unplugging the power cable, holding down the power button (for 15 seconds or so), then plugging it back in, and pressing the power button. This sounds like it could be the motherboard or the power supply (depending on the exact status), but you might get lucky and it starts back up.

Best regards,

Brad

October 5th, 2017 00:00

First, when my Dell T3400 power supply was damaged, then I brought another 500W power supply. Before that, the system was engaged in supplying 525W power supply.

My System Specifications:

Windows 10

RAM : 6 GB

Asus Graphics Card : 1GB

Processor Core 2 Quad 2.40+ GHz

Hard Drive : 500GB

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

October 5th, 2017 09:00

Were the symptoms similar the first time with the power supply? Also, were you able to try the steps suggested? I am hoping it is just the PSU again, but it might be the board depending how the system responds. 

Best regards,

Brad 

No Events found!