Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2014 13:00

Dell Precision T3610 BTX flickering issue

I purchased my Dell Precision T3610 BTX  in April 2014 & have had a screen flicker problem ever since. I thought maybe it was because I run Solidworks software, but find it does it even when I am not running Solidworks. I have had Dell Diagnostics scan it twice & it finds nothing. I have had Solidworks look into it, but they found nothing. The flickering is very annoying. It is not continuous, but will flicker a number of times per day. I hate to wait for my screen to go blue before I do something. Any suggestions??

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 30th, 2014 16:00

Can you explain "flicker" better? Does the screen go black or do something else?

Have you tried swapping monitors to see if it's the monitor or the PC?

Have you tried reseating RAM modules and PCI cards in their slots? Be sure to power off, unplug and press/hold power button for ~15 sec before opening the case.

Have you checked the cable connection to the monitor?

Are BIOS, Windows, and drivers all up-to-date? Even though you only got the system a few months ago, it's possible updates are available.

Does this happen if you boot in Safe Mode?

Since you're under warranty, you may want to contact Dell Tech Support for assistance. Don't wait until the warranty expires!

No Events found!