Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2010 20:00

Dell Studio Hybrid 140G Unexpectedly Shutsdown (Please Help)

Hello I am still experiencing issues with my Dell Studio Hybrid 1i40G and I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium and believed it was a bug inside Vista however regardless of operating system it will it will still randomly shutdown which makes me believe this is a bios/firmware issue somewhere in the components and it unexpectedly shutdown and Dell has replaced my unit many times so this is a serious issue and replaced it with a refurbished unit which is still not reliable/stable and it still experiences the exact same problem just like the first unit I had and it still will randomly shutdown just like with the original unit and since this behavior does happen randomly for example when playing music through iTunes and original one and makes me believe there is either a bug or maybe even a power supply issue and I am sad to see why Dell discontinued this model and still stops to update and correct this critical issue since it’s so frustrating and it can’t be used like a normal computer and I believe needs to own up on and take this very seriously for Studio Hybrid 140G owners and there are some flaws with this product why not continue to make a patch/update or issue a product recall or exchange for owners with these models and it makes me question was this product discontinued and no further development? Can someone from Dell internally please investgiate and talk to the engineers and look into this issue and address it please I just want my pc to work please?

Inside the event viewer:

Event ID-41
Source: Kernel-Power
Type: Error
Description:
The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding failed or lost power during the sleep transition. 

See the Microsoft forums:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/882754ba-ac66-4ac3-9d1a-5bf9b7555fad

5 Posts

September 29th, 2010 20:00

Here is the exact critical error from the event viewer:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 9/29/2010 9:12:12 PM

Event ID: 41

Task Category: (63)

Level: Critical

Keywords: (2)

User: SYSTEM

Computer:

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

0x8000000000000002

System

0x0

0x0

0x0

0x0

false

5 Posts

October 4th, 2010 06:00

Anyone know?

1 Message

September 10th, 2012 22:00

I have the exact same problem and cannot find the answer after a long time of investigation!

Did you ever find a solution to this? Can you post an update here or reply to the message i sent?

Any help would be much appreciated!

No Events found!