Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2012 05:00

Dell Studio Hybrid + Intel 6230

Hello everyone. first post in the official Dell forums. I figured all my computers are Dell, so I may as well create an account. So I have a Dell Studio Hybrid 140G running archlinux and I decided to get a Intel ProWireless 6230 (I bought 2, one for the Studio Hybrid, another for my D420) so that I can do bluetooth and wifi with one card. The wireless part of the card works fine however the system is unable to detect the bluetooth part of the card.

I was wondering if this is a hardware, or firmware  limitation (and someone from Dell may know more about this than other forums). Since the Studio Hybrid is based on all mobile components, I wouldn't think its an issue but its hard to say for certain. If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know. Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 5th, 2012 17:00

Hi mbdfahrer,

You might do better asking in the Intel forums.

June 5th, 2012 18:00

Hi mbdfahrer,

Welcome to the Community.

This issue can be resolved by downloading and installing the bluetooth driver for the 6230 card. You may find the link for it at http://dell.to/Mb11iv.

Once installed, do restart the system in order for the changes to take effect and this should take care of the problem for you.

Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.

Glad to help!

Abhishek Banerjee

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at: www.en.community.dell.com

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 5th, 2012 18:00

DELL-Abhishek B

Wrote. "This issue can be resolved by downloading and installing the bluetooth driver for the 6230 card. You may find the link for it at http://dell.to/Mb11iv.'

FYI, the link you posted opens the Dell computer sales www.dell.com page, not the 'Drivers and Downloads' page.

Bev.

June 7th, 2012 18:00

Hi mbdfahrer,

In case the link is not working you can try out the direct link for the Bluetooth driver.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.

Glad to help!

Abhishek Banerjee

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at: www.en.community.dell.com

No Events found!