Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2012 07:00

Dell Studio Hybrid won't boot up

When I powered up the computer I get through the dell screen, but then I get a black screen with a msg that says:

No Boot Device Available

SATA0: None

SATA1: Installed

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

December 27th, 2012 08:00

Hi ib613,

I recommend you to run diagnostics on the hardware components of the system. To run diagnostics restart the system and at the Dell logo tap the F12 key every two seconds. This will start the One-time boot menu. Using arrow keys select ‘Diagnostics’ and hit enter. This will run diagnostics on the hardware components of the system which may take around 5 minutes. Please reply to this post in case of any error message.

Restart the system and at the Dell logo keep tapping on the F2 key to go to the BIOS screen. In the BIOS screen navigate to Exit tab and using arrow keys highlight ‘Load Defaults’. Press F10 to save and Exit. Also check the status of SATA 0 and SATA 1 in the Main Tab of BIOS.  

Revert for further assistance.

2 Posts

December 30th, 2012 10:00

When I hit the F12 a screen comes up American Megatrends with a lot of info on it. I do not see anything that says diagnostics. There is a message at the end that says hard disk drive failure.

2 Posts

December 30th, 2012 12:00

Okay, I was able to run Diagnostics and did not get any error msgs. I restarted the system and loaded defaults. I restarted again and got the same screen after the dell logo, it says American Megatrends and has a lot of info on it. On the BIOS Main Tab it said SATA 0 : Not detected. SATA 1 : ATAPICDROM.

Any other suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 30th, 2012 12:00

Hi ibryan613,

I think your drive is toast. When you boot to the diagnostics menu, do you actually see your hard drive listed as a component? I think the reason you got no errors is that your drive is missing and was not actually tested.

No Events found!