Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

December 25th, 2009 20:00

Dell Studio Mini Tower Desktop Delays!

I have been ready many post on this Dell forum since I decide to order my first Dell Computer. I wish that I had taken the time to read the forum prior to ordering, however, I wanted a new computer and also wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing option. So, I ordered my Dell Studio Mini Tower Desktop on December 10, 2009. I completed the transaction over the phone with a gentleman that had called about my finance approval. I waited on the phone while completing the transactions to receive all the paperwork including the finance documentation and the dell invoice. Everything went very smoothly and I was happy with the process. I was also told that it would take 15 business days to receive the product as we were entering the Christmas season and the number of orders would be up, which I can understand. I am not buy this as a gift, it is simply to replace my aging desktop.

The EDD that was included on the invoice showed a date of January 1, 2010. That date seemed to coincide with the 15 business days, I was told on the phone. Obviously being very excited, I am impatient to receive this new machine, checking the website site order status very routinely. Nothing has changed, I have been IN PRODUCTION since December 10, 2009. I went IN PRODUCTION almost as soon as the order was placed. Now as January 1 draws nearer, I am beginning to think that I will not receive this computer. I keep expecting to go on the site and find that a new date will be found as my Estimated Deliver Date.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ordered a similar system (I will post the specs below). And if there has been any delays with there system. At this point, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Dell as I am a first time customer. But since I haven't found another post dealing with Studio Mini Tower Desktop on here, I don't know of anyone with delays. I know there are many delays with other models such as Dell XPS, Studio Laptops, and Alienware products.

Hoping to hear some good news from Studio Desktop customers.

Thanks

Studio MT, YOR, Q9550 (2.83GHZ)        $1,325.11
MSE,2BTN,OPTCL,BLK,PMX,DIM
8GB DDR2 SDRAM AT 800MHZ    
INTEGRATED MEDIA CARD READER    
INTEGRATED 7.1 AUDIO    
Single Drive - Blu-ray Combo,RMT
1024MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GT220, RMT    
DELL 23 IN ST2310 FPL,CDT    
DELL USB KEYBOAD,BLACK,I/S/X DT    
WIN 7 LABEL,CDT    
1TB SERIAL ATA 2,7200 RPM,DIM,X    
ADOBE READER 9.0,MLANG,I/S/X DT    
MCAFEE SECURITY,15MONTH,ENG,NOKIT,I/SDT    
PC-RESTORE, DIM/INSP    
DELL WELCOME,SW,DIM/INSP    
DELL CONNECT 2.1,DIM/INSP/XPS    
DELL DOCK CONSUMER, XPS DT/IDT    
DATASAFE LOCAL BACKUP 2.0 BASIC    
WINDOWS LIVE SEARCH,MUI,CSMR NB/DT    
DELL SUPPORT CENTER 2.0,64BIT,I/S/X DT
DOWNLOAD-STORE-LINKS,CDT    
DELL SOFTWARE,ROXIO 1.0, CDT    
CYBERLINK POWERDVD 8.3 BD-P DVD,CDT    
WIN 7 HOME PREM, 64, ENG,IDT    
INTEGRATED 10/1000 ETHERNET

4 Posts

December 31st, 2009 09:00

So, my EDD was supposed to be January 1st. Lucky me! I get the Royal treatment from Dell. I say that because I got a call this morning (well actually I didn't answer the phone my brother did) and my order has been delayed. Apparently it will only take 5 more days. But if there are any other delays they will call to confirm. Now based on my reading of other posts this came as no surprise. I was beginning to worry that it wasn't going to get here by the 1st and its nice to at least get a phone call to know that.

Now I can just sit here and wonder when the heck this thing is going to come in.

Lets just hope it gets here before I go back to work in April.

4 Posts

January 4th, 2010 19:00

Well I decide to call Dell today. I was a little skeptical about what people have been saying on here just because I didn't think a large company could have such bad customer service.

Well I have to admit that what I have read was not wrong at all. I called using my cordless phone with speaker phone so that I could multitask. You will need to do this because you will be on hold for a long time. I was on hold for about 25 minutes before someone came on. She asked me for my order number and asked if I was calling to find out my order status. I replied yes, she put me on old once again. The tone of her voice seemed like she was frustrated and came across as rude at my end. I gave her the information she required and moved along. Well it took about another 25 minutes to finally talk to someone. He asked me for my order number and I finally told him that I was looking for an updated EDD since my order had been delayed. I was happy that he was able to provide me something. The date itself is far, January 19th. He went on to tell me that this date was only an estimate, but that it represented the worst case scenario. If everything goes well, my system should be here sooner. That is what I thought about my original date.

I am going to be patient, I have the time and there is no huge rush. However the sooner it gets here, the better. This is not a good way of getting first time buyers to consider returning in the future. I just feel bad for all those who expected their terminals as gifts.

Hoping it all works out in the end.

1 Message

March 5th, 2010 20:00

I ordered on Feb 5 2010 and now they say their is a shortage with the processor.  Did you get yours yet and if so was it what you wanted?  Was it a good selection.  Mine is much similar but I'm thinking of canceling.

Bernie

No Events found!