Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2014 14:00

Dell Studio One - All in One power button won't engage

I saw a post on here for 2011 that has it happened where although the light for the CD drive displays, the power button will not turn on the computer. It's an all in one, so I don't see any screws where I can even get inside the computer. My power supply is fine, they power button just won't come on. This has happened in the past and for hour it won't come on and then out of no where, doing nothing specific, it will come back on. I'd like to know what I need to do to stop it from happening on a permanent basis.

297 Posts

April 21st, 2014 14:00

If it were me I would look at the power button, it looks like it is on the I/O panel.

To open the back, Place the computer face down on a flat surface.

Starting at the groove at the bottom of the computer cover, use your fingers to separate the computer cover from the computer by lifting the insides of
the computer cover.

Work around the computer cover and gently ease the computer cover away from the computer

5 Posts

November 25th, 2014 01:00

I recently worked on a studio one..the problem is the power supply..do not spend 100 on a replacement supply..if you have basic soldering skills,,there is a small capacitor in the center of the supply that dries out,,47uF50V cap can be replaced and it will work fine,,i done the same thing others have done,,facedown powered up fine,,the fluid in the cap moves around,,will power up once, when stood back up will not,,the cap can be purchased from several vendors for around .16 cent..the cap more than likely will have a bulged top..seen in the pic attached.

5 Posts

November 25th, 2014 01:00

sorry,,pic will not load,,capacitor is in the center of the power supply..around D15 beside the transformer if ya can get to it its very easy to replace..

No Events found!