Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2010 03:00

Dell Workstation Precision 380 not turning on?

Hi.

My name is Ionut, I am 15 years old and I live in Romania.

I have a Dell Precision Workstation 380 that I recently bought here in Romania. I'm having a problem with it and that is if I want to turn it on it doesn't work. I try to push the power button and it doesn't do anything. The only thing I can mention is that if the comp is plugged in, there will be a lighting green led on the motherboard. My dad tried to take out the ram, reset bios battery, clean it up inside with alcohol etc. but still nothing worked!!!!!

I have also asked about this on Yahoo! Answers and a guy called jawad ahmad told me it could be a power supply issue. What could it be??

P.S. sorry for eventual bad english xD

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 9th, 2010 12:00

ionut_a 

Is the power button LED, solid green, blinking green, solid amber, blinking amber, or off?

If the LED is blinking amber, or off, this could indicate a failed power supply.

See HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Check the sequence of the four Diagnostic lights on the front panel and the 'Beeps'.

The Precision 380 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Guide, is HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Bev.

2 Posts

January 10th, 2010 06:00

The power button is off as I told when I press the power button there is absolutely no action going on.

No Events found!