Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2015 22:00

Dell XPS 2710 stuck at start up with Dell image bios screen

My XPS 2710 has worked without issue since I've had it.  Recently it was unplugged from the wall.  The system was already in either sleep or hibernate mode.  What was strange was when I plugged it back in to the wall and booted it up it my web browsers and folders were still open.  So even though it was unplugged from the wall it didn't lose the sleep or hibernate state.  My system doesn't have a SSD in it.

So far I have reset the bios jumpers for clearing the password and CMOS settings.  I've unseated the ram with no change and have removed the bios battery.  I fell in love with the all-in-one design and this system is barely two years old.  If it's finished I will never buy another Dell product again.  Back to building my systems.  Any help is appreciated.

47 Posts

October 24th, 2015 22:00

I forgot to mention how it got in this state.  I rebooted the system after using it for an hour or so without issue.   No keyboard combination works to get in the bios or to even reset it by control/alt/delete.  I tried putting in the dell system disc to see if that would get me past this screen on boot.  I hear the disc churn a bit but no go.  I hold down the power button to get it off or on but nothing gets me past this screen.

47 Posts

October 28th, 2015 09:00

How the heck do I get a response on here from a Dell technician?   Is it better I just call technical support?

No Events found!