Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2016 09:00

Dell XPS One 2720 Wont Start

Hey guys! I'm having trouble starting my Dell XPS One 2720.

When I press the power on button, blinks in white as usual but turns off
immediately. It sounds like something is trying to start inside, but nothing, turns off
immediately.

12 Posts

May 12th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

Could it be a possible hard drive fail?, sounds like it's trying to boot from it, but fails,

Just a thought,

All the best,

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 12th, 2016 12:00

Try this:

1. Disconnect power cable from rear of PC.
  2. Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
  3. Reconnect power cable to rear of PC
  4. See if it boots properly now

May 12th, 2016 13:00

Thanks RoHe for the suggestion. I tried this, but no luck.

Thanks your reply Mr Anthony. If it is a hard drive fail, I would receive an error code, not?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 12th, 2016 15:00

Have you tried booting after disconnecting all USB devices, so only mouse and keyboard are connected?

Power off, unplug and press/hold power button for ~15 sec. Examine all USB ports with a flashlight to see if any is damaged or broken. A broken USB port could cause it to shut down like that. If any of them is bent, you could try using something NON-metallic to carefully separate the contacts.

You may -or not- get a hard drive failure message, but I wouldn't think a hard drive failure would cause the PC to shut itself down that way. You could put a bootable optical disk in the drive and see if you can boot that way.

I think it's more likely to be a power issue. So if it's not a shorted USB port, then you probably have to consider the power supply or the converter board.

Working inside an AIO is complicated so unless you know exactly what you're doing, it might be better to take it to a reputable PC shop for diagnosis and repair.

May 12th, 2016 16:00

There was no usb device connected to it, only power plug, nothing else.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 12th, 2016 17:00

Did you check the USB ports?

May 13th, 2016 04:00

Yes, I checked them. I did not see any damage.

No Events found!