Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2015 13:00

Dell backup & support windows 10

Does dell backup & support work in Windows 10?

255 Posts

August 24th, 2015 09:00

Did you try to enable the recovery environment as I stated above?

Command prompt (admin) --> reagentc /enable

David

August 24th, 2015 09:00

Yes,  what I need is as tool that removes all the parts of your software.  Does 1.92 really work with Windows 10?  

August 24th, 2015 10:00

I have tried to remove it many times.  When I try to reinstall it I the same error I put in the other thread.  It will not let me install it.

August 24th, 2015 22:00

I've gotten DBR to run under Win 10, however I intend to uninstall it permanently.

Windows 10 Backup and Restore (Windows 7) allows me to a) create a system repair disk (to reboot if hard drive is trashed), b) do weekly file and system image backup. Windows 10 File History lets me back up my data files at intervals as small as every 10 minutes up to once a day. Therefore, using native Windows tools, I will be able to recover my systems to (worst case) as they were yesterday. DBR Premium can do this as well, BUT...

I am going to permanently uninstall DBR Premium because:

All of my machines are portable. I have a Dell XPS18, a Dell Inspiron 15R, and a MS Surface Pro. I also have a NAS, where I would like to send my backups. I have no interest in sending my backups to the cloud. They're my files and I want them to be stored where I have complete control over them. DBR will not do backups to my NAS and having to keep an external drive plugged in or having to remember to plug an external drive in for scheduled backups just doesn't make sense when I want to use the portability of my laptop or tablets.

August 25th, 2015 09:00

Yes, I tried Windows 10 backup yesterday and it seems OK.  Started it on the c drive.  It is very slow.  In 3 hours it had 12% of the drive backed up.  I think I am going to use EaseUS Todo.  Much faster.

255 Posts

August 25th, 2015 09:00

You can use a NAS drive with DBaR if you map the drive on your systems.  This will work for all of the data backup functions, but not for full system backups.

Thanks,

August 25th, 2015 16:00

So, pay $40 for DBR, get partial functionality when using network. I bought DBR for both of my Dell machines - wasted $80 unless I accept that I have to always hook my portables to a USB drive, which kind of defeats the purpose of "portable", doesn't it? Since Windows can support all types of backups to network drives, it doesn't seem that there's a technical reason preventing DBR from doing so, which makes me a little ticked off about the $80 and no documentation, in advance of purchase, of DBR's limitations.

August 26th, 2015 07:00

Dell's backup ***.  I have EaseUS(free) and works just fine.

255 Posts

August 26th, 2015 08:00

Sorry for the confusion.  Just trying to help.  DBaR has never officially supported NAS functionality.

Thanks,

No Events found!