Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2009 11:00

Dell e228wfpc monitor power issue

I rec'd a dell model# e228wfpc monitor for christmas last year, to set up my home office.  Monitor stays on for 10-20 minutes then goes blank, green light stays on.  Looked at tech support site and it looks like this is common, I tried plugging monitor directly into wall, no change after 10-20 minutes does it again.  Only thing that works (temporarily) is to unplug power wait about 5 secs. plug it back in then monitor resets itself.  Any thoughts? this monitor is driving me crazy.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

Christmas 2008 or 2007? If 2008, contact support if you think this is a defect. Meantime, reset your power settings--no screensavers, no turn off display, no hard drive shutdowns, etc. See if that corrects it. There are buttons on the monitor itself that might enable you to reset to factory settings and diagnose the problem. Also check the cable connections to the monitor from the computer and the video card drivers.

Check your manual. here

2 Posts

It was this last one, 08', I tried what you suggested, no luck.  I tried connecting the monitor to another desktop I know works, and it did the same thing???  There's no service tags on this unit?  The person that gave it to me, told me they bought it at walmart, but we don't talk anymore so I have no receipt.

No Events found!