Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 17th, 2013 09:00

Dell's Blank Screen Problem

I too have the blank screen problems.  I own a business that has purchased many Dell computers over the past 30 years.  The company's lack of response is enough to make me move on.  No more DELL products for me!  They just don't seem to understand that consumers drive the computer market!! 

Shame on DELL!!

750 Posts

July 17th, 2013 10:00

Hi kkpiano,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

May I know the exact system model that you have?

Also, please elaborate the issue so that I can do my best to assist you.

4 Posts

July 24th, 2013 08:00

Hello, I have a Inspiron Model 2305.  Ever since I purchased the screen just goes blank at least 2-3 times per week and won’t come back on unless I do a hard re-set.  It is quite frustrating having to wait for everything to load again and it decreases my productivity at my business. (and increases my frustration!)  

When I told my IT person about it, he suggested some time ago that I contact Dell for a replacement.  As soon I saw all the comments online, I decided I would just “live with it” for now and purchase something else later when it completely failed to work.   Since I have had to cut back my staff, my time is limited and I don’t have a lot of time to deal with it.  It’s very frustrating to say the least.  

I have always LOVED Dell products but this computer has been a big disappointment.  

Kathi Kretzer

750 Posts

July 24th, 2013 11:00

Hi Kathi,

My sincere apologies. May I know if you have run diagnostics on the computer?

Please refer the following link to run diagnostics: http://dell.to/YFPMVa

Also, since you have mentioned talking to an IT person, did you try any steps to troubleshoot the issue?

4 Posts

July 24th, 2013 12:00

I have run the diagnostics several times and it always passes.  It seems to be an intermittent problem.  My IT guy has tried everything and still says he has had good luck with Dell products.  I seem to have a "lemon."  :(

750 Posts

July 24th, 2013 13:00

Hi Kathi,

When did you purchase this computer? Is it under warranty?

4 Posts

July 24th, 2013 15:00

My secretary is on vacation and I doubt I can find the receipt.  Although the blank screen has been a problem since I received it, the problem has intensified in the past 4-5 months.  

750 Posts

July 28th, 2013 07:00

Hi Kathi,

Please send me the service tag as well as the registered owner’s name on the computer to check what best can be done. You may refer the following link for information about locating the service tag: http://dell.to/18GSQo3

To send me a Private Message, click my User name, and then click Start Conversation.

No Events found!