Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

September 22nd, 2010 04:00

Dell's answer to all these delivery delays

Given the very large number of complaints on delivery delays both here and on many other places on the Internet, does anyone know if Dell has ever reacted to that? Have they ever given a reason why these delays exist? I think it might take away good deal of our frustration.

If anyone from Dell anyhow reads these messages: would you be so kind to shed some light on this highly frustrating problem?

Many thanks in advance,

DDJ.

PS: Have ordered an XPS 9100 on 8/26, delivery promised for 9/17, then got a delay message for 9/22, then Customer Service told me things would go to 10/5, but without guarantee....

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 22nd, 2010 04:00

There is a "sticky" (FAQ) in the "New To the Community" forum by one of the Dell moderators about this.  Dell doesn't want to delay purchases any more than the customer wants a delay.  However, as these are "built to order" there can be delays caused by components from suppliers.  The Dell automated system (computer generated) assumes all is well and the production will go without a hitch when it generates the estimated dates.  When there are snags then obviously it's not true and then the customer gets up in arms.

Although they don't tell you this, if you want it "now" you are better off going to Best Buy or wherever Dell's are sold and buying one there.

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2010 05:00

There is a "sticky" (FAQ) in the "New To the Community" forum by one of the Dell moderators about this.  Dell doesn't want to delay purchases any more than the customer wants a delay.  However, as these are "built to order" there can be delays caused by components from suppliers.  The Dell automated system (computer generated) assumes all is well and the production will go without a hitch when it generates the estimated dates.  When there are snags then obviously it's not true and then the customer gets up in arms.

Although they don't tell you this, if you want it "now" you are better off going to Best Buy or wherever Dell's are sold and buying one there.

Thanks for your comment. That's something real important to know. That is, my original delivery delay of 3 weeks was to limit of the acceptable for me, the extra delays are causing me headaches. Should I have know this, I would probably have ordered Best Buy (though, like most people here, I really do appreciate the custom built Dell PC's).

No Events found!