Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2015 14:00

Desktop, Visual

Can someone help, pleases. Dell PC [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy] with Windows 8.1. I cannot find in the Manual how to resolve three issues:  (1) I want to by-pass (not use) the Password when starting; (2) I want to go directly to the Desktop when turning the PC on; (3) I desperately need larger letter size in everything, but I can find only for the Desktop logos/labels. Thanks! SANVI. [Admin Note: Personal Information Removed]

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 30th, 2015 18:00

1- Read this about avoiding password login.

2- You could install free Classic Shell to make Win 8.1 look and act like Win 7. There's option in Classic Shell to go directly to the "classic" desktop and skip that horrid "metro" desktop.

3- Read this about increasing font sizes etc in Win 8.1.

2 Posts

February 1st, 2015 11:00

Sorry, Ron. I did try to click Answer. However, there is an orange color tag popping up claiming that "there has been an error" and that my reply (saying "Answered") cannot be processed. I will attempt again...for the seventh time. Anyway, Thanks again!

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 1st, 2015 15:00

an orange color tag popping up claiming that "there has been an error"

Sorry 'bout that! Don't know if they're ever going to get all the bugs out of this forum software. :emotion-4:

Glad to have helped.

No Events found!