Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2011 07:00

Desktop goes into Power Save Mode

I have a Dimension 560 with Windows 7. It's just over 6 months old.

It recently started going into Power Save Mode and I have no idea why or what to do.  It happens at startup, and when the monitor turns on, the screen is dark with a little blue window that says 'Message. Entering Power Save Mode'  and the monitor goes dark. I can't even go in Safe Mode.

I've been reading about problems like this but the messages others get are different, something about moving their mouse or tapping a key, although that didn't work for them either.

Any solutions for this please? It's extremely annoying.

Thanks very much

54 Posts

July 31st, 2011 07:00

Sorry That is Inspiron 560, not Dimension 560.

3.7K Posts

July 31st, 2011 08:00

I have a Dimension 560 with Windows 7. It's just over 6 months old.

It recently started going into Power Save Mode and I have no idea why or what to do.  It happens at startup, and when the monitor turns on, the screen is dark with a little blue window that says 'Message. Entering Power Save Mode'  and the monitor goes dark. I can't even go in Safe Mode.

I've been reading about problems like this but the messages others get are different, something about moving their mouse or tapping a key, although that didn't work for them either.

Any solutions for this please? It's extremely annoying.

Thanks very much

If your system is only 6 months old, then I would give dell support a ring, as it is still in warranty.

54 Posts

July 31st, 2011 15:00

The warranty is expired.

No Events found!