Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2013 15:00

Dimension 2400 Won't Reboot

I recently restarted my uncles Dimension 2400 after having to reset the IP address in order for the wireless router to work properly. The computer will now not start. When I click the power button the fans hum to life, the hard drive makes sound, but the screen remains black. No bios screen. No windows screen. Just blank. Even the monitor keeps a yellow light acting as if it is not connected to a PC. I tried the monitor on the laptop and it works fine. I researched this issue and it appears to be common but every solution has failed. I have disconnected the CD drives at one put to make sure it is not the power supply. To my knowledge it cant be the hard drive if the bios is not loading. What can be wrong? Solutions?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

JesseToxik

And the power button LED is what colour and is it blinking, or solid?

YYGG indicate a RAM issue, first try opening the case, then remove and reinstall all the memory modules and see if this makes a difference.

If you have one memory module installed, reinstall it and restart the computer.

If you have two or more memory modules installed, remove the modules, reinstall one module, and then restart the computer.

If the computer starts normally, reinstall an additional module. Continue until you have identified a faulty module or reinstalled all modules without error.

If available, install properly working memory of the same type into your computer.

The instructions for this are included in the link I posted, together with the Dimension 2400 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Guide.

Bev,

4 Posts

The two left lights are amber and the 2 right lights are green. All of them are not flashing.

4 Posts

The two left lights are amber and the 2 right lights are green. All of them are not flashing.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

JesseToxik

Is the power button LED, solid green, blinking green, solid amber, blinking amber, or off?

Check the sequence of the four Diagnosic Lights on the back panel of the case.

Are there any ''Beeps'?

The Dimension 2400 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Guide, is HERE

Bev.

4 Posts

May 26th, 2013 16:00

The power light is a solid green.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 26th, 2013 16:00

The power light is a solid green.

JesseToxik

Solid Green is good and usually indicates the power supply is working fine.

Try reseating the memory modules, to see if this makes a difference.

Bev.
No Events found!