September 12th, 2007 14:00

Dimension 8300, blue screen error nv4_disp

Hello and help...

My system is:
Dimension 8300
Windows XP Home edition
graphics card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
monitor: Dell D1226H

I am getting  squiggly movement on my monitor and then it will go black, then come back, then go black again, etc. Also, when this happens the keyboard is disabled and sometimes the mouse too. Then, afterwhile it will go to the blue screen of death with an error message saying it is caused by the following file: nv4_disp.

I have never had this problem before. It worked fine until yesterday. I have not installed anything new recently.

So, what is happening? Is my monitor crashing? Is my graphics card crashing?

Please help.

Thanks,

Steven

13 Posts

September 13th, 2007 00:00

I now cannot boot into windows at all except in safe mode. Every time I do, I get the blue screen with the same error message. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia card driver and even tried newer and older drivers, but nothing seems to work. In safe mode my computer still works fine, but that's it.

Any help out there at all?

2 Intern

• 

2K Posts

September 13th, 2007 03:00

Check your four diagnostic lights when the machine boots:  and compare your results here:

Download the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com and try and borrow another nvidia agp card from a friend and see if that clears up the problem.

You can find a very good replacement card here:

You can google the error message and you'll quickly discover many have been inflicted with the error message but there are no real solutions.

Good Luck
Dale

April 1st, 2009 12:00

Without the BSOD error message (in full... header, file named, and error codes on the bottom) it's impossible to tell exactly what's causing them. Guesses would be an overloaded or dying Power Supply unit, or possibly a bad RAM module.

1 Message

April 1st, 2009 12:00

I am having the same problem that you had back in 2007 with squiggly movement and blue screens of death with the same hardware configuration. Can you please tell me what your final resolution was? Thank you-

No Events found!