Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2005 00:00

Dimension 8400 Motherboard Form Factor?

Does anyone know what form factor the motherboard in a Dimension 8400 is? I thought that I read somewhere that it is the new BTX design. I searched through Dell support, but I couldn't find any reference to it.

Just curious. Thank you very much.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 18th, 2005 00:00

The power connector is BTX, but the design is a heavily Dell-modified ATX.

1 Message

January 27th, 2013 09:00

HI, need to jump into the conversation .......Now, on this "heavily Dell-modified motherboard, does it have the TPM chip and does it have a UI  , because i'll need to use that  console to reset the sys/admin  passwords in order for the DVD optic drive to read DVD and set boot order ( F12 don't work) This poor lady has been waiting for her Dell  w / windows 7 , 2010 Office, and Vipre security (feel cozy?)

Thanks for reading, MaddJoker

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 27th, 2013 12:00

HI, need to jump into the conversation .......Now, on this "heavily Dell-modified motherboard, does it have the TPM chip and does it have a UI  , because i'll need to use that  console to reset the sys/admin  passwords in order for the DVD optic drive to read DVD and set boot order ( F12 don't work) This poor lady has been waiting for her Dell  w / windows 7 , 2010 Office, and Vipre security (feel cozy?)

Thanks for reading, MaddJoker

That was quite a leap! This  thread is from 2005!

Are you asking about the Windows 7 password or the BIOS password? If you need to clear the BIOS password, there's a jumper on the Dimension 8400 motherboard. See page 117, here, for instructions.

No Events found!