Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2005 17:00

Dimension Chassis Differences?

I have a Dimenision 4400 which is a couple years old and am very happy with the construction of the chassis. Does anyone know if the current 2400 chassis is the same? Are all Dimension "MiniTower" chassis the same or are there differences?

4.8K Posts

March 15th, 2005 19:00

glsmith100,

The 4400 is a clamshell chassis.  The 2400 is a smaller chassis and is not a clamshell type of chassis.  The left side of the chassis slides off to expose the internal components.  You can check the cover removal procedure at the 2400 at this link:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

The service manual can be found at this link:

Steve

17 Posts

March 15th, 2005 22:00

Thanks for the prompt & helpful reply! I checked User Guides for a few of the other Dimensions and it looks like they all use the new chassis rather than the 4400 clamshell. Thanks again,

George

1K Posts

March 16th, 2005 00:00

The 8400 still uses the clamshell. The XPS has a larger clamshell case. Precision Workstations have the clamshell cases. Optiplex systems are switching to BTX form factor cases which are also available in Europe (Dimension 5000 models) and probably in the US soon.

17 Posts

March 17th, 2005 14:00

Thanks. The page on Home vs. Small Biz was helpful. I just ordered a 3000 refurb from Dell Outlet for $288. That's the price with 2 promotional discounts totalling $60. When I added the system to my cart, those discounts disappeared. Customer Care told me to go ahead and order anyway & they would apply the discount after I receive the system. What do you think?

1K Posts

March 17th, 2005 16:00

@glsmith100 wrote:
When I added the system to my cart, those discounts disappeared. Customer Care told me to go ahead and order anyway & they would apply the discount after I receive the system. What do you think?

Not likely. The price in the cart is the price you pay. I've never heard of someone negotiating a discount after submitting the purchase. However the sites are confusing. Often the discounted price is what you see all along. Or if you applied coupons, other discounts can go away. I just looked at the site and don't see any discounts at all at the moment (other than free shipping, but your system is too inexpensive to qualify). Maybe there was something there yesterday.

17 Posts

March 17th, 2005 17:00

I'll keep you posted. There was no minimum for free shipping on the Dell Outlet.

17 Posts

March 28th, 2005 09:00

I've received the system & have been told that a credit has been applied for the "missing" $60 in discounts. No one has even attempted to explain how/why the discounts disappeared when I added the system to my cart.
No Events found!