Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2008 19:00

Dimension E510 Dell A215 Speakers not working - any drivers for these??

Hello, I have a Dimension E510 with A215 speakers.  I recently had a big virus infection and had to have my computer basically restored.  I put my computer together today and the speakers do not work.  Yes they are plugged in and in the correct spot on the computer. The Dell driver list does not specifically list the A215 speakers.  Any suggestions??? Thanks for your help.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 7th, 2008 22:00

Analog speakers do not have drivers. 

Since the PC was restored, it sounds like it wasn't reinstalled correctly.  May omit the chipset drivers which must be installed before installing sound or when you attempt to install the sound the install will fail as it won't find any sound devices.  The chipset drivers define what is on or attached to the motherboard. 

When doing a reinstall the sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Intel chipset drivers (3) Install device drivers, such as the sound. 

HERE is the Dell downloads for the E510.  Suggest you install the chipset drivers then install the Dell sound drivers (non-Dell drivers should not be installed as Dell implements sound different than other vendors).  You didn't state which sound you have but if it's the integrated (on the motherboard) it's the Sigma-Tel.

No Events found!