Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2011 09:00

Dimension E520 Wont go past Windows splash screen.

So i have this Dimension E520 and it's about 4 years old, i have done 2 reinstallation's using CTRL + F11 in the 2'th and 3'th year, then for about 6 month's ago i had my computer over at my stephfather's friend who was going to reinstall it and clean it for virus's and when i got it back it was working fine but it was not reinstalled, after two weeks the computer wouldn't start, at startup it says '' Floppy diskette seek failure'' then when it get's to the splash screen it suddenly appear's a blue screen for only 1ms and the computer restart's, this happens over and over, also the fan is running at max rpm at all time. Here is the technical information :

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFF98018413D99, 
0xFFFFF980188C13F8, 0xFFFFF980188C0DD0)

*** WUDFRd.sys - Address FFFFF98018413D99 base at FFFFF98018406000, 
DateStamp 4549bdbd

Collecting data for crash dump ...
Initializing disk for crash dump ...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance."

Here is a list of what i have tryed

- Tryed starting in every kind, ''Safemode'' ''Safemode with command box'' ''Last working configuration's'' - Nothing worked, Splash screen load's further but blue screen still pop up and computer reinstall's.

- Tryed configure settings on F11, enabling/disabling dual core, enabling/disabling Execute enable/disable speedstep, did not change anything.

- Tryed to configure the boot sequence to boot to cd room, did not work. 

- Tryed checking for error's using utility partition, everything checked out just fine.

- Cleaned all of the board's including the fan.

- Cleaned the wires.

- Disconnected the cd room

- Tryed manual reinstallation CTRL + F11, but didnt open, probably because it have been deleted by some sort.

Here is a link to my computer's Manual - http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dime520/en/OM_en/NH730A01.pdf

Is there anyway to fix this problem without having to buy new component's to my computer, if not i think i'll just scrap it.

All replies are heavenly appreciated :)

David

2 Posts

January 29th, 2011 12:00

9 days since i made this thread and still no reply ? no more dell for me from this day and forward..

14.4K Posts

January 29th, 2011 15:00

Try running the Dell diagnostics. Tap the F12 key at the Splash Screen. Run the full set of diagnostics

No Events found!