Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2009 17:00

Dimension E520 will not recognize its own CD/DVD

I have a 2 yr old Dimension E520 desktop....typically no problems. Now when I insert a disc into the combo drive, nothing happens. If I look under "My Computer" it's not listed any more. I tried to look for a driver to install from the website but can't find what I need. I'm only finding firmware. Also, I'm having trouble discerning exactly what combo drive I have. On my packing slip it says Item # 313-4577 48X COMBO, BLK, DIM, M. When I look it up on the website, it says I have Part # NR952 CDRW/DVD, 48 Toshiba Samsung Storage Tech Serial ATA, blk. I've done a search for both numbers on the website but can't find anything there either.  I also tried System Restore, but that wouldn't work either.

How do I get the computer to recognize the CD/DVD drive?????

34 Posts

February 7th, 2009 08:00

I have a E520 also.  Go to the device manager, unistall the cd - dvd, and restart computer.  Drives should be recognized after reboot.

brendaja

1 Message

July 9th, 2017 18:00

When computer starts hit F2 enter setup for your bios rom and make sure the sata ports are set on. Look at sata 0 is your hard drive , sata 1 and 4 should be on

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 9th, 2017 22:00

This 2009 thread, has been locked due to it's age.

If you have a similar issue, please use the 'New Post' feature at the top of this page and start a new thread.

Bev.

No Events found!