This post is more than 5 years old

JL

2 Intern

• 

480 Posts

June 22nd, 2015 09:00

DirectX Report missing some info

Dell Inc. Inspiron 660

Is it problematic that the DirectX Diagnostic Report shows the high-lighted information below as n/a?

Some guy on the Skype forum is telling me that my system is defective. (I have to run Skype 7.5 in Vista compatibility mode to make it work). 

ooops, my pasted pictures didn't work.

Under System, Sytem Manufacturer, System Model, and BIOS show n/a.

Under Display, Manufacturer, Chip Type, and DAC Type show n/a.

780 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

Can you try attaching the picture once again?

To confirm there is no part failure, You may run a hardware diagnostics.. Regarding the Skype query, If you are facing any issues, Please uninstall the software and reinstall it with the version of your current operating system.

Thank you

2 Intern

• 

480 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 11:00

Here are the DirectX shots.  Since my original post, I ran the Dell app that shows system info, and found that the info missing in the DirectX report does appear in the Dell report.  I'll include those screen shots too.  As far as Skype is concerned,  I uninstalled, and reinstalled several times with the same results.  I found that after version 7.0 all the versions resulted in a "Skype has stopped working" window with Win 8.1 and Win 7 compatibility.  The latest version, 7.6 works with Vista compatibility, but freezes if  "Quit" is clicked from the systray icon before closing the Skype window.  Version 7.5 works correctly with Vista compatibility.  My gut feeling is that it is a Skype issue.

DirectX images:

Dell images:

780 Posts

June 24th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Yes, The report from Dell scans are able to detect all the necessary info.

For the Skype issue, you may try doing a system restore if you are aware of the date the PC worked fine.

Thank you

No Events found!