Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 19th, 2013 14:00

Directv2pc

I am trying to setup Directv2pc and get an error "graphics card doesn't currently support screen capture protection for protected content. Update graphics card driver or modify driver settings." Does this mean I can't use this computer for Directv without adding a new graphics card?

10 Posts

March 20th, 2013 15:00

I am sorry if you are offended by my request. I simply wanted to know if the computer is sufficient to do what I want.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 19th, 2013 18:00

HDCP Video requires HDMI HDCP OR DVI HDCP. AKA DVI -D HDCP Must be on monitor as well as your computer.  This is not a dell product and not supported here.

You cant do HDCP with VGA.

10 Posts

March 19th, 2013 20:00

This has nothing to do with my problem. I have HDMI to a Full HD monitor. My concern is the graphics card/drivers to run Directv.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 20th, 2013 00:00

Direct TV is not a Dell Product and is not supported here.

DIRECTV What are the computer system requirements for getting ...

If you are a customer, please call 1-800-531-5000.

laptop, tablet or phone?

To enjoy movies and shows instantly on your laptop, tablet, or cell phone you need the following:

Computer:
A PC running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, with any of the following web browsers:
  • Firefox 3.5 or above
  • Internet Explorer 8 or above (32-bit).
    Please note: DIRECTV video streaming does not work on any 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.
  • Safari 4 or above
  • Please note: Chrome is currently not fully supported. We recommend using one of the other browsers.
Macintosh computer running Mac OS X v10.6.x (Snow Leopard) or Mac OS X v10.7.x (Lion) with any of the web browsers below. Mac OS X v10.8 (Mountain Lion) is not currently supported.
  • Firefox 4 or above
  • Safari 4 or above
  • Chrome 17 or above
You will also need the following FREE software.
  • DIRECTV Player: This software is designed to optimize your viewing experience. Once installed, it will be available for all of your videos. Installation is quick and easy. Install DIRECTV Player now.
  • Adobe® Flash® Player: You'll need to have the latest version of the Adobe® Flash® Player. Most likely your computer will already have this installed. If it does not, just click here.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

March 20th, 2013 15:00

Apparently this is an ongoing issue with the Intel graphics driver.

You might try a discrete video card, like a Sapphire 6570.

10 Posts

March 24th, 2013 07:00

Bummer! You would think a computer with HDMI output would support HD Graphics.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

March 24th, 2013 10:00

It does, but there are issues with copy protection. Intel appears to be working on the problem. In the meantime, a low-end discrete video may be a workaround.

No Events found!