Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2010 01:00

Display Setting in ATI Radeon X300 SE

Dear all

I have a Dimension 5150 installed a display card ATI Hyper Memory PCI-Express X16 (DVI/VGA/TV out) Radeon X300 SE.  My LCD monitor is broken down, therefore I connect to a Sharp LCD TV through DVI output.  I note that the connection is not immediately available.  The PC connect to the Sharp LCD TV only after the  Windows is started.  Therefore I am unable to adjust the BIOS setting by pressing F2/F12.  Is it possible to set the DVI output as primary display so that I can use the LCD TV like an ordinary VGA monitor?

268 Posts

October 26th, 2010 09:00

Douglaslau,

Your Radeon X300 SE is your primary display. The problem is that your Sharp LCD TV is not VGA compatible (there are only a small handful of combination monitor/TV in the world). The card is sending the BIOS screens to your TV in native VGA formats but your TV can't handle it.

Do you have any kind of VGA monitor that you can use? They should be cheap as dirt at a local computer shop. Or you may find a friend or relative who would be happy to take their old CRT monitor off their hands.

Masi_GC

12 Posts

October 26th, 2010 23:00

Masi_GC, thanks for your explanation! I can get a CRT monitor for free! Thanks again.

October 27th, 2010 01:00

Hi,

That was great thanks for the information that you've send with us here....

is there any free CRT monitor?

October 27th, 2010 01:00

HI, 

That  was true and it really help....thjanks for the informaiton that you've sahred with us here...

Is there any free CRT monitor?

No Events found!