Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2008 02:00

Do I have built in bluetooth?

I've got an XPS 420 and was wondering if it has built in bluetooth capabilities? I didn't order the Bluetooth keyboard/mouse set and my order manifest doesn't list Bluetooth, so I'm pretty certain that I don't, but according to the driver list and some of Dell's documentation the internal memory card reader on the 420 has built in Bluetooth capabilities.

Just to double check do I have a card reader without bluetooth, or is it disabled because I didn't purchase the bluetooth keyboard/mouse set? I'd hate to go out and buy a dongle and then find out that I didn't need to.

238 Posts

November 17th, 2008 08:00

You will have to check your configuration on what you bought your system with.  If you have the 19 in 1 media card reader w/ bluetooth, it does come with bluetooth capability.  There is a 19 in 1 media card reader WITHOUT bluetooth so be careful on what you're looking at.  You will need to check to see if you can find the listing under your Device Manager or Control Panel for further verification.  By default the system doesn't come with bluetooth capability.  It's an add-in.

No Events found!