Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2015 12:00

Does Dell Inspiron 620s support dual monitors with the integrated video card?

I'm trying to install a 2nd monitor on this PC.  It's quite old, but I still want to see if I can use dual monitors or do I need to install a 2nd video card that can support dual monitors.  I have 2 monitors on the same integrated card (VGA and HDMI), but it isn't detecting the device.  Also, the HDMI has an adapter connected to VGA from the 2nd monitor.

1 Message

December 4th, 2015 10:00

Hi KTN;

Did you ever get a response to your question about dual monitors on your Dell Inspiron 620.  I have the same question.  If you did not get a response, let me know a.  I'll research it further and updaate you with what I learned.

5 Posts

December 8th, 2015 14:00

I'm running two monitors on my Inpiron 620. One is a Dell U2412M @ 1900x 1200, the other is a little Acer P224W @ 1680 x 1050. No problems. 

My issue is wanting to step it up to two higher res, and there's only 1 HDMI out and 1 VGA. That means, I guess, that I need to track down an appropriate Graphics card.

I see that yours says "620S". Does that denote a slim-form tower? Because mine is not. I don't know what kind of difference that might make. 

1 Message

December 30th, 2015 12:00

As I was looking for video information for my Inspiron 620ST I believe I found the solution to your issue... 

Somewhere on the Dell site it said that dual monitors are supported, BUT it is turned OFF by default.
In order for the second monitor to become active, you must go into your BIOS and turn that option on.  After that, when your system restarts, you will be able to use two monitors.

I'm trying to find info on what video types I can connect to my machine.  It was shipped Feb 2012, so it's not new, but still works very well and I want to add another monitor similar to the Viewsonic I already have.

5 Posts

December 30th, 2015 18:00

As I've previously stated, I've gas two monitors running for awhile with no issues. I had my bigger Dell U2412M 1920x1200 hooked up via the HDMI/DVI out, and my littler ACER via the DVI out. And all that was needed was to right click on the desktop, to get into my Windows 7 display setup, and enable the two monitor setup there. Works immediately with no restart required here.

5 Posts

Edit: I don't "gas" two monitors... I've "HAD" two monitors running...

This is off the stock integrated graphics. However, to enable operation of my new "Christmas" Dell P2416D 2560 x 1440 along with the other Dell @ 1920 x 1200 I've just tonight installed a new dual-display capable GPU card with two DisplayPort outs. Works beautifully. But I wouldn't have been sure about which card to purchase without checking with the Dell site and there seeing confirmation that it was compatible with the I620.

5 Posts

As I've previously stated, I've gas two monitors running for awhile with no issues. I had my bigger Dell U2412M 1920x1200 hooked up via the HDMI/DVI out, and my littler ACER via the DVI out. And all that was needed was to right click on the desktop, to get into my Windows 7 display setup, and enable the two monitor setup there. Works immediately with no restart required here.

CORRECTION: My "little ACER" was hooked up via the VGA out (not DVI).

No Events found!