Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2006 06:00

Driver problem, screen flickers on and off.

Good morning.

I need some assistance.

I recently got my PC back from Dell after I had some hardware problems with my Nvidia Geforce 6800.

They replaced the card, the drivers and reinstalled everything on my computer.

While trying to reinstall my software, (wireless net software, anti virus, eve online) my screen suddendly flickered black then back to normal.

This continued to happen every 10, 20 minutes, slowly getting faster.

I checked the Nvidia control panel and had this message.

"The Nvidia Display Driver Interface Library verson is different than the Display Driver verson. This could potentially cause problems and interfere with the proper operation of the application"

I went to the Nvidia site and downloaded the latest driver for my card. I installed and then rebooted for the settings to take effect.

When I loaded up Windows, The on/off flickering effect started again. I have ran diagnostics, hardware seems fine.

My Dad tried to roll back and reinstall an older previous driver last night. For at least 1 hour everything was fine. I loaded Eve online and everything seemed fine then the screen had some weird sharp colours then blue screened.

I rebooted again and this time the flickering on and off got faster and froze on black.

I am not a tech head and am lost for ideas.

Does anyone else have a solution or idea whats happening?

Thankyou.

10 Posts

August 13th, 2006 16:00

My PC has been doing the same thing. It happens when I play games. The screen flickers like there's a helicopter on the screen with black blades. I'm so fed up with Dell and their lack of technical inteligence that I just deal with it and my PC is still under warranty. Next time buy a HP. Let me know if they fix this problem because it eventualy freezes up and shuts down your PC.
No Events found!