Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2008 16:00

E520 SDHC Support

I have an E520 with the built-in media card reader (TH661) and I just bought a 4GB SDHC but I can't seem to be able to read the card. I am currently running Windows XP SP2. I checked around and it seems that I should be able to read the SDHC.

I am not sure what I need to do. I found link in regard to a Microsoft Hotfix for that, but also there are references to some Dell updates and I am not which to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

jissa 

4 Posts

June 8th, 2008 22:00

My Media card reader is installed correctly because I can read standard SD cards with no problems. The problem occurs when I put a SDHC card.

I haven't heard good feedback about SP3 so I will hold off for a while before I risk my computer.

My main questions is what driver to update to be able to handle SDHC

Thank you 

1.8K Posts

June 8th, 2008 22:00

Check the Device Manager for your media reader to see if the drivers are properly installed. If they are? Then my next suggestion would be to update your operating system to WinXP SP3, see if that fixes the problem?

4 Posts

June 8th, 2008 23:00

Unfortunately my waranty exipred and every time I input my service tag I get the note that my waranty expired. Would I be able to get an answer if I call them

Thank You 

1.8K Posts

June 8th, 2008 23:00

I'd contact Dell support and find out if there is a driver update from the manufacturer of your media card reader. They would know best...

1.8K Posts

June 9th, 2008 03:00

Upon reviewing the user guide for your Dimension E520, the TH661 does not support SDHC cards. If there is a hotfix thru Dell or Microsoft that might be the way to go...if not replacing the card reader with a more modern one.

December 29th, 2008 11:00

I just downloaded and installed updated drivers on my Dimension E520 and it allows me to read my Lexar 8mb SDHC, so I think if you can get to the Dell updated drivers you should be okay. Note there were two downloads, a software update and a firmware update.

August 30th, 2009 15:00

maybe a link to the download, "cause I surely cant find it on the dell download center?

No Events found!