Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2011 16:00

E520 air sensor shadetree fix

I have a e520 desktop.Put in refurbished motherboard.Old one was dead.Got error message air flow sensor not detected.I read all the post here.Some have a cable next to fan plug for sensor,my new and old board has no connecter there.Read flow sensor is on I/O board so bought new board and ribbon cable,same thing.Then I was told there is a sensor in the fan so I replaced with new dell fan 4 wire,which is what old one was and still same problem.If I send board back will lose some money and weeks of time.I'm wondering about this:

Since new fan doesn't speed up but does run and the heat sink is like 4" tall could I just add a second fan to rear of heat sink and plug into one of the extra power supply outlets and be safe?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 25th, 2011 16:00

Hi Yosimity,

I thought this was part of the fan. So you've got the OEM fan properly connected and still getting this? Are you sure you're not seeing an old error stored in the BIOS (sometimes they have to be cleared)?

4 Posts

September 25th, 2011 19:00

yes bought oem fan.plug is in right with slots.also I did go into bios and clear error messages to start fresh with each attemp.

No Events found!