Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 14th, 2015 12:00

Enable multiple monitors Inspiron 3650

Looking to enable the monitor output on my motherboard on my new Inspiron 3650 but cant find the option. The other vga monitor output works fine. Please help

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 14th, 2015 16:00

Assuming you have an add-in video card, reboot and press F2 to open BIOS Setup. Look for the Intel Multi Monitor (or similar name) option and set it to Enabled. Save the change and exit setup.

Assuming you have an add-in video card, one monitor must be connected to the add-in card before you power on or you'll get an error message.

If you don't have an add-in card and only have onboard Intel HD graphics, I don't know if the Multi Monitor option will even be visible in BIOS setup, or if you can use monitors connected to both the onboard VGA and HDMI ports at the same time...

9 Posts

October 24th, 2016 14:00

Yes ; it does work, sorry cant tell you what i done but deffo works

9 Posts

December 15th, 2015 11:00

Hi Thanks for the reply : enabled multi monitor and it the display works when in BIOS settings but as soon as the system reboots the second screen connected to the motherboard) is blank, it has detected a vga signal as the green light is on the monitor but no display, any further help you can offer?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 15th, 2015 16:00

What version of Windows?

Did you go to the Windows Display settings screen to see if the VGA monitor that's connected to the motherboard is recognized, and did you set which display is #1 and #2, their screen resolution, etc?

Does the VGA monitor require you to install its software driver?

October 24th, 2016 08:00

Sheraqui - Did you ever get this working? I am also interested in trying to use multiple monitors on this model, but wanted to be sure it's even possible before investing in an second monitor (and possibly an hdmi to vga or dvi adaptor)

9 Posts

Yes it works

9 Posts

Yes

November 3rd, 2016 10:00

Thank you so much! I appreciate your answer. We'll do some digging on how to get this working, but I'm very glad to hear that it is indeed possible! Thank you very much!

1 Message

October 18th, 2017 20:00

I want to connect a monitor to the dell and then connect to a screen projector. This will help me I believe.

No Events found!