Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2015 12:00

Error 2000-0152

I have a Inspiron 580s that's currently not letting me log in. When it gets to the screen you're supposed to enter a password, it instead flashes and never loads the password screen. I ran the Pre-boot up Diagnosis test and got the error 2000-0152 with it saying it had an optical drive failure. I knew I had a CD in there (for my ASL class) so I figured that might be the problem as I think my computer struggles with having a CD always in the CD drive. I took it out, and tried to log in again, same issue. Flashing screen. 

The problem I need help with now is figuring out how to log in, because now the error doesn't come up with the Diagnosis tests. It says the Optical drive passed.  Nothing else has changed in my system, so uh, help please? 

1.2K Posts

November 16th, 2015 18:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us. If the system still fails to boot to windows and flashes 2000-0152 error code then I would suggest you to try these steps,

*Go to system BIOS under BIOS event and clear the event logs.

*Then restart the system and in the BIOS check if the latest version of BIOS updated,else update the latest version. Click here to go to support site to install the latest version.

*Then roseate the optical drive on the system ,check its functionality .

Hoping this helps ,but of there are any more queries write to us.

Awaiting your regards,

2 Posts

November 17th, 2015 12:00

Hi Jennifer,

So I tried to go through your steps as best I could. I didn't know where I was supposed to clear my event logs, and my research was telling me that I had to be able to log into my account to do so. However, on start up I did find out which version of BIOS I had, and managed to download that onto a flash drive. On the next start up, I selected the flash drive and went into safe mode. From there I was somehow able to download the newer BIOS and it appears my computer is okay?? I was able to log in and such.

I haven't run the test yet to see if the Optical drive is functioning. The second scan I did said it was okay, so do I still need to do that?

1.2K Posts

November 18th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us. Now that you have mentioned that the second scan result came in saying it was working fine. Check system's performance by working on it to see if the system recognizes the optical drive ,run another scan on the system see if there are any errors. If there are any concerns write to us.

Hoping this helps.

Regards,

No Events found!