Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2010 19:00

External Mic Inspiron 530

I bought this Dell in Dec-08 as a replacement for a computer I thought was on its last legs.  After setting it up (Dec-09...the old one never died), I tried to test an external mic.  The test told me that the mic was working fine...but I couldn't hear anything from the speakers.  I then downloaded a vocal training software thinking that it would do what I wanted it to do without needing to hear the input thru the speakers.  I have now found out that the input from the mic is not making it to the software I installed.  Unfortunately, I'm not real good at this type thing.  Can anybody help with some comments/solutions?  Thx!!!!!!  

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 16th, 2010 03:00

What Operating System?  There have been issues in Vista with many systems that you cannot hear the microphone input on the PC's speakers but it is in fact recording.

What "vocal training software"?  we can't comment on that without knowing what you have. 

More info is needed for someone to help you other than "guess".  Operating System, which type of sound you have - the standard Integrated (on the motherboard) sound or a separate (optional) SoundBlaster sound card.  Also the name of the vocal training software. 

2 Posts

January 16th, 2010 10:00

Hi fireberd, The software is PitchPerfector. The OS is Windows Vista Home Premiun 64BIT SP1. I have not changed the sound card....everything is the original. Thanks for taking time to help out!!!

No Events found!