Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2009 04:00

False Advertising - Studio Hybrid not 800Mhz fsb

Everyone be aware!!!

I spoke to a level 2 & 3 tech support agent today at Dell who informed me that Dell has capped the fsb speed at 667Mhz. So no matter what processor or memory you upgrade to you will only get 667Mhz. I expereinced this first hand with my Studio Hybrid. I paid extra for the 2.5Ghz processor & 4GB 800Mhz memory only to find out that neither of these pricey upgrades will make a big difference. No where in the specifications does Dell tell buyers that they are limiting the front side bus to 667Mhz!!!  Dell is purposely misleading and up-selling customers to think that they are "upgrading" the performance of their computers, only to find out after the fact that the updrades aren't legit! Bios doesn't allow for FSB changes or overclocking so customers are stuck after they've spent a couple hundred dollars more!!! What a SCAM!!!

24 Posts

April 13th, 2009 05:00

I guess its the drawback to having a small form factor. The bios is setup more like a laptop with Speedstep enabled and like you said FSB probably is handicapped. I am very dissapointed with the graphics perfomance too.

No Events found!