Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2012 11:00

Filter on my internet connection

I bought a refurbished computer from Geeks, it is a Dell Optiplex 745 and it has a filter from Apache Product an it is stopping me from getting on AOL and most of yahoo. Called geeks they were no help. When I open AOL this is what it said. Status:513 misconfigured proxy route cache-control: no-cache pragma: no-cache connection: close content-type: text/html**. This computer I think was in some Co. My internet is from a Verizon wireless card, my dell laptop works just fine. Hope you can help.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 19th, 2012 12:00

Always include version of windows in your posts :emotion-5:

Look in Add/Remove Programs control panel to see if you can uninstall.

Might be better to reformat and reinstall windows so you have a clean system.

50 Posts

October 19th, 2012 13:00

Window 7, did the add/remove, don't have a copy of window7 just what came with it. Thank's

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 19th, 2012 14:00

Optiplex 745's typically came with XP or Vista not windows 7.

What version of windows is on the COA sticker?

That version of windows is the only one supported by Dell.

50 Posts

October 19th, 2012 16:00

Thing I don't understand is how a Licened Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher would put in a window 7 software that had a filter in it. I had to put in the Product key when I ture it on for the first time. Computer works find, but can't get on the internet. I got this computer for my Grandson so he could use it for school.

50 Posts

October 19th, 2012 18:00

Whoa!! were is that, little more help please

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 19th, 2012 18:00

Did Add/Remove fix the problem? If that didn't solve the problem, you  may need to open the Network Connections control panel and use the wizard to create a new Network Connection using your ISPs guide for setting up a PC to connect to their service. Then delete the old Network Connection.

The reseller probably did nothing on the hard drive. They probably got it from the (corporate) owner with Win 7 and they just left it there.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 20th, 2012 18:00

Open the control panel in Win 7. In XP, I'd click Start>Settings so I assume Win 7 would be similar.

Then click the Network Connections control panel. Your ISP help desk can probably can walk you through filling in the info you need to connect to their network and access your email account. When that's done, you should have 2 network connections listed in the Network Connections control panel.

Assuming the new connection works correctly for what you want, you can select the old network connection in the Netwok Connection control panel screen, and click the delete button or right-click it and delete.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 17th, 2013 00:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                          

No Events found!