Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2004 15:00

Forwording photo in email

When I forward a email with both text & photo in the body the text shows but in place of the photo is a small red x. I use outlook express.

495 Posts

August 21st, 2004 17:00

If you have SP2,  by default images are no longer displayed in the body of a message (I think somehow this is supposed to decrease spam).

If you want to change this, open outlook express, go to "tools", "options", "security", and remove the tick from "block images and other external content in HTML email".

3 Posts

August 22nd, 2004 11:00

I have automatic update turned on, Sp 2 isn't installed.The last update is SP1 (KB867801).  I also went to security and found no (Block Images and other external content. I'm back to square one. Thank you so much for trying to resolve my problem

81 Posts

August 23rd, 2004 22:00

After you click on "Forward", the message to be forwarded pops up, then you can click on "Format". Make sure the dot is next to "Rich Text (HTML)", and not next to "Plain Text".  Also make sure there is a check mark next to "Send Pictures with Message".

3 Posts

August 24th, 2004 11:00

Larry; When I click on "forward" and the forwarded message pops up the only choices I have are plain text or color and graphics. Color and graphics is on. I don't seem to have the choice 'send pictures W/ message

81 Posts

August 25th, 2004 01:00

I'm guessing that you do not have "Outlook Express 6", as I do, since I don't see how it could be different, unless you have an older version. I can not think of anything else to try, but someone else must know.

• 

25.1K Posts

February 15th, 2021 18:00

Hi, Are the extended diagnostics complete? If yes, please share the results, and we’ll be able to suggest the next course of action.

• 

25.1K Posts

February 16th, 2021 18:00

Hi, We haven’t heard from you. Please get back to us with the diagnostics results so we can suggest further steps to resolve the issue.
No Events found!