Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JH

March 14th, 2014 02:00

GTX 780 Ti SC isn't working.

On my Aurora R4 after following all the proper channels of hardware and software install. The download to the latest drivers never completes. Yet their in my uninstall program menu. But they don't seem to go into the GPU as its stuck at the earliest driver. And to top it all off I always get the code 43 error. The driver I tried was 335.23 and the GPU is this one: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclocked-Dual-Link-Graphics-03G-P4-2883-KR/dp/B00GFZMI3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394783974&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+780+ti+sc I should mention I bought mine off Ebay.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 14th, 2014 17:00

Hi Jerry,

Code 43 indicates a problem with the device itself. So the first thing I would do is shut down, remove and reinstall the card.

March 14th, 2014 21:00

Thank you for your reply. But I have physically re installed it. I updated Bios from A07 to A10 just recently and that doesn't seem to be working. My only guesses could be something got knocked loose during shipping but that can't be it as it was in its original box with very tight packing bubbles. It might be something to do with the physical slot connection. Or PSU might not be enough but I have the R4 and I heard they always give you the 875W with the R4. Maybe I should take the whole tower with the card in it to the shop and have it examined in depth.

1.5K Posts

March 15th, 2014 08:00

I would imagine that you had a previous video card in your system before and it was working so I don't see that the slot would have a problem.  Since you have two PCIe X16 slots, did you try the other one? The 875 watt PSU is enough if you have both the required power connectors hooked up to the GTX 780 Ti (8 pin & 6 pin).  Since you bought this used on ebay, it's difficult to say if there is a problem with the card.  Hopefully, with an expensive card like this you have a guarantee that if it proves not to be working you can return it.  

I guess I'm not following your driver issue.  If you removed any previous drivers you may have had for any other video card first, then you should not have any difficulties installing the latest Nvidia driver 335.23.  It's the one I use.  Make sure you shutdown any antivirus software that may be running that could cause the driver installation to fail.  

No Events found!